Saturday, May 28, 2011

Going out on the whim with a new makeup look

The other day my boyfriend and I were looking at old photos of Indian face paint. The designs carefully drawn upon their faces inspired me to re-create the abstract beauty of their already made designs. A small fraction of my heritage is Indian. If you asked me what tribe my ancestors are from I honestly couldn't tell you because I don't know a whole lot of information about my past relatives. Even though, I still decided to follow through with my face paint look idea. So, today after I returned home from thrift store shopping with my Mom I took a quick trip to Wal-mart to grab some loose eyeshadow which just so happened to be new on the cosmetics market. It worked fabulously. Originally the original look that I re-created was done with a red stripe across the eye area but I decided to switch up the beat a little and do a raving blue instead. It really brought out my eyes better and to top it all off I lightly coated my lips in liquid foundation and applied the loose blue eyeshadow on top of the concealer to create a home made electric blue lip color.

Items included in the look:Loose electric blue eyeshadow, liquid foundation,tape.

Instead of doing a tutorial for you guys I decided to just upload the pictures to this entry so you can see what boredom brought to me (:










No comments:

Post a Comment